Colorado Springs Moms Blog and the City Moms Blog Network is thrilled to announce our second annual Costco Mom Hour! We love Costco and are excited to partner with them again. Costco provided us with $100 in Kirkland Signature products, but as you’ll see, we’re big fans of them with or without this partnership!
The holidays can be overwhelming as a mom. From the long list of gifts to buy, parties to plan, and decorations to hang, the to-do list is exhausting. Costco has been my saving grace all through the year, but especially when I am prepping for the holidays.
First of all, let’s chat about the Kirkland Signature brand. There are plenty of items we buy at Costco that are other brands (we love Annie’s Mac & Cheese, Oregon Chai Tea, Nature’s Bakery FigBars…). However, time and time again, we find our cart filled with the Kirkland Signature (KS) brand of products. Here is a quick list in case you want to take notes!
- Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios, Mixed Nuts
- Fruit Snacks
- Trail Mix
- Yoga Pants and Pajamas for the kids
- Organic Tortilla Chips
- Organic Salsa
- Organic Apple Sauce
- Smoked Pulled Pork
- Toilet Paper
- Trash Bags
- Dog Food
- Laundry Detergent
Holiday Parties and Entertaining
Every year, we have a major holiday party in our home. Between my husband’s fire department and our business, we end up having 75-90 guests. It is daunting for this non-entertainer! For the past three Christmases, Costco has been my saving grace.
Everything from mixed nuts, to Goat Cheese and crackers, to fresh fruit (we love the grapes and strawberries) to meats. We have done large pots of chili, as well as the KS Smoked Pulled Pork. Desserts are easy and delicious and there is a fabulous selection in the bakery. We also never have to worry about running out of utensils and paper products. It may seem like a little thing, but I get stressed when we entertain a lot of people, so this helps me feel at ease. I am also not the most gifted with decorating my home, so the holiday floral arrangements add beauty to my home in an instant!
One of the traditions we have embraced for our boys is they each get 4 gifts. For us, Costco has been a great solution for these categories:
- Something to wear :: We usually go with the KS Organic Pajamas, but we have also done jackets and their great quality outfits in the past too.
- Something to read :: The book selection at Costco is hands down one of my favorite things about shopping there. From boxed sets to super interactive books, we have always found a great fit. Last year we did a Lego book for our oldest (that came with Legos!) and a dinosaur book for our youngest (that included a model of a 2 ft tall dinosaur!). They are great quality for the price.
- Something they want :: This is typically a toy or a game. Costco already has an amazing selection of toys out (so plan to do your Christmas shopping at Costco Mom Hour). Last year we found Star Wars Lego set that was high on the “want” list and was at least $20 less than Amazon or Target. We are consistently impressed with the items that are trending with the market for great toys.
- Something to experience :: Have you ever looked at the selection of gift cards and specials that Costco offers? We love to keep this gift small and local, and there are often local hotels or restaurants that have savings near the gift card section. If you are looking for an adventure, there are often discounted tickets to LegoLand and similar items. Also, definitely check with Costco Travel. From hotels to theme parks to cruises and all inclusive trips, you can find some amazing experiences.
Decorating & Wrapping Supplies
They are already out in full force :: Christmas trees, ornaments, lights, wrapping paper. The quality shines in this category. Our family tradition is to chop down our own tree in Pike National Forest (with a tree permit, it is $10 per tree). We typically get two trees, and the one for our main room is large. A large tree equals a lot of lights and many ornaments. Costco is a great solution!
Join Colorado Springs Moms Blog at either of the two Colorado Springs Costco Locations (N. Nevada or Powers & Barnes) on Friday, November 4 from 9am – 10am when Costco opens it’s doors one hour early for our Costco Mom Hour! This is a great time to knock your holiday shopping and preparation out while avoiding the long lines.
The first 100 moms who show up will receive a swag bag from Costco, chock full of some of their most popular Kirkland Signature brand items for YOU to try! There will also be special samples specifically chosen for moms and their kids, along with a continental breakfast (coffee, juice, water, muffins, danishes, fruit, etc!) AND they will be doing three amazing giveaways at each warehouse… TWO $100 Costco Cash Cards and a full year of Tide Pods!
Costco also has an incredible membership offer just for our readers! Those signing up for a membership will receive a $20 Costco Cash Card with Gold Star Membership, plus $43 worth of coupons! Upgrade to the Executive Membership and receive a SECOND $20 Costco Cash Card. For members who bring a non-member friend – if that friend joins – you will receive a $10 Costco cash card (you must be present with your friend to get the gift card)
This membership offer is open to both those attending our Costco Mom Hour and those that can’t join us! Simply complete the form below to enjoy this great offer or to join us on November 4!
Questions? Check out our Costco Mom Hour Event Page and ask away!