Every woman has her “thing.” Mine happens to be brows and lashes.
The quest for long, beautiful, lush eyelashes was not an easy feat. I have spent money—lots and lots of money—on expensive mascaras that provided minimal results. I’ve sported “spider” lashes, “clown” lashes and “what was the point of putting on mascara” lashes. I may be chased out of town, but Mary Kay, Younique and Benefit have yet to hold a candle to the store-bought mascara that has become one of my daily essentials.
No need for extensions or fakes here because I have found THE secret to great lashes, and that secret is L’Oreal. I do not work for L’Oreal and this is not a sponsored post. You’ll simply have to believe me when I tell you that I love, love, love, fancy, expensive make-up. But why pay more when $7.99 beats out even the most prestigious brands? (I will say that Clinique “black” beats out the competition in terms of high-definition color and sometimes, I will use a coat just for the rich color.)
I do not wear fake eyelashes. I do not have extensions, and my eyelashes were not some ancestral gift. Quite simply, I have spent a lot of time mastering the art of mascara application.
I like Big Lashes and I cannot lie…
I use Vaseline as eye make-up remover and put a light coat on my eyelashes and brows at night. (I have read that Jennifer Aniston also does this if I am not proof enough)
- I do 5-6 coats of Voluminous Blackest Black mascara on the tips of my eyelashes. Be sure to let each coat dry before applying more mascara.
TIP: Softly push the lashes towards your nose—this makes your eyes appear bigger.
- Once I have coated just the tips to my satisfaction, I use a kohl or gel eyeliner just along the water line of my top lashes. This makes your eyes POP!
- I then do about 3 coats of mascara, holding the brush at the base and pushing it up past the tips. Remember to allow each coat to dry.
- Finally, I do a coat of waterproof mascara. This step is optional, but I seem to cry everyday so for me it is a necessity.
- Voila! Screw the $30 mascara.
Things to note:
I have tried the really expensive mascaras using this method and they still don’t work as well as the drug store L’Oreal Voluminous.
My lashes are not better than yours. I just spend a few minutes each day to make them look better than yours.
This is not a sponsored post, but I am open to free mascara for life if any of the executives at L’Oreal want to give me a call.