For over 16 years I have been connecting families with live-in childcare that has a cultural exchange and foreign language twist that benefits the whole family. Choosing the right childcare is not an easy decision. Because as parents, we don’t ever want to compromise on quality, flexibility and trust when finding care for the most important people in the world. And now, it’s even more challenging to find safe and reliable care on a schedule that works for your family. Hosting a Cultural Care au pair gives thousands of families across the country those very important benefits. Learn more about who our au pairs are, what they do, and why more families than ever are joining our program.
An au pair is a young adult from overseas who lives with your family on a legal visa for up to two years and provides childcare in exchange for a weekly stipend, room and board, and an opportunity to become part of an American family. Over time, an au pair becomes a trusted support for the parents at home, and a beloved and consistent caregiver for your children.
Facts about au pairs:
- Au pairs come from 20+ countries around the world
- All au pairs are between the ages of 18-26 when they arrive in the U.S.
- Au pairs stay for a minimum of 12 months and have the option to extend for 6, 9, or 12 months with the same family or a new one
- Most au pairs are women (but we have amazing male au pairs as well!)
- Au pairs can provide up to 45 hours of childcare per week (up to 10 hours per day)