I can’t tell you all about local food without sharing information about some of Colorado Springs’ favorite farms, right?
This list isn’t comprehensive. It’s meant to get you started with some of our city’s favorite food producers, so you have a higher chance of success on your local food journey!
Market + Produce + Milk + Honey
- Colorado Farm and Art Market – Farmer’s Market
- Ahavah Farm – Vegetables
- New Roots Farm – Vegetables
- Pure Foods Colorado – Vegetables, Microgreens, Beef
- Hi Plains Dairy – Cow Milk, Goat Milk
- Fields of Natural Honey – [email protected] – Honey, Beeswax Candles
Meat + Eggs
- Larga Vista Ranch – Cow Milk, Beef, Pork
- Bar UC Cattle Co. – @BarUCCattleCo – Beef
- Tharros Acres (Delivery!) – @tharrosacres – Beef
- Rafter W Ranch (Delivery!) – Beef, Lamb, Chicken
- Heritage Belle Farms (Delivery!) – Beef, Lamb, Pork, Eggs
- Little Roman Farm – Chicken, Quail, Lamb, Eggs
- Twisted Pines Farm – Beef, Pork, Lamb, Chicken, Turkey, Eggs
- Viresco Farm (Delivery!) – Beef, Pork, Chicken, Eggs
- Corner Post Meats (Shipping available) – Beef, Pork, Lamb, Turkey, Fish
Breads + Grains
- Sourdough Boulangerie – Variety of sourdough loaves and pastries
- Nightingale Bread – Bread, Pastry, Pizza and Sandwiches
- Mountain Mama – Grains
- Natural Grocers – Grains
Grow Your Own Garden
- Phelan Gardens – Soil, plants, seeds, supplies, helpful staff
- Rick’s Garden Center – Soil, plants, seeds, supplies, helpful staff
- Good Earth Garden Center – Soil, plants, seeds, supplies, helpful staff
- GardenerScott – Local gardening expert. Offers in-person classes and has lots of tutorials on his YouTube channel and Facebook page @GardenerScott.
Love for Local Food
Thanks for reading along with this local food series! I hope it’s given you inspiration to enjoy and explore food in the kitchen with your families, and to discover how wonderful it is to know your local farmers.