Co Springs Mom Collective would like to invite you and your family to join us in spreading kindness throughout our city this summer.
Participation is simple:
Download and print the kindness tracker below. There are 7 hearts, one for each week of the kindness challenge. Simply color in a heart for each kind deed you complete. If you want to do more than 7, go for it! Feel free to draw in your own hearts or plaster your kindness tracker with heart stickers. Make it as festive as you’d like!
Spend time as a family discussing ways you would like to show kindness. We have provided some suggestions below to get you started.
Get out there and spread kindness from June 17th – August 5th.
We’d love to follow your kindness adventures this summer. Feel free to capture some of your kind moments on social media using the hashtag #LiveKindCOS.
Looking for some Kindness Inspiration? Check out our suggestions below.
- Research Co Springs Non-Profits and donate to your favorite ones
- Donate school supplies for the COSILOVEYOU Backpack Bash
- Purchase items for the Pikes Peak Little Free Pantry
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru line
- Prepare Hygiene kits to send to low barrier shelters
- Serve a meal at Springs Rescue Mission (pandemic precautions in place)
- Check for volunteer/giving opportunities through your church
- Help youth exiting homelessness by selecting items from this needs list to gift to The Place
- Donate non-perishable food items for Care and Share by placing them in the drop-off bin located inside the management office at the Promenade Shops at Briargate.
- Have a meal delivered for the guests of Ronald McDonald House of Southern Colorado
- Make an in-kind donation to the Children’s Hospital
- Put change in a parking meter
- Purchase a grocery gift card and leave it for the person behind you in line
- Buy flowers and hand them out to random people
- Adopt a flower bed for Springs in Bloom
- Pass out brand new bottles of bubbles at the park
- Create shelter approved handmade toys for the Humane Society
- Decorate Meal Delivery bags that Project Angel Heart uses when they deliver meals to those in our community dealing with a life-threatening diagnosis.
- Paint and decorate rocks with encouraging words and hide them around town for others to find.
- Create and send out thank you notes
- Make bracelets to give to a friend
- Hold the door open for someone
- Smile and say Hi to 5 people you don’t know
- Mail a cheerful letter to a friend or family member
- Leave out a bucket of drinks/snacks for your delivery person
- Help your neighbor with yard work
- Give out compliments throughout the day
- Pick up litter
- Adopt a waterway in Colorado Springs
- Offer to wash your neighbor’s car
- Let someone in front of you while waiting in line
- Leave a positive review for a local business that you love
- Volunteer your time at the Fresh Start Food Distribution Center
- Go to the Manitou Arcade, earn some prize tickets and give them to someone else
- Read books about kindness as a family and discuss what kind acts you can do next
Summer of Kindness Park Hops
This summer, Co Springs Mom Collective is hosting several park hops to give moms and kids an opportunity to connect with one another. Each Park Hop will also include an optional kindness activity. Head to the Facebook Event page to get all the details and RSVP. We can’t wait to see you there.
I love this idea! If only I would have seen this at the beginning of summer, but obviously it’s not too late to start! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Comments are closed.