I don’t know about you, but this year’s pre-Halloween blizzards caught me off guard. I had two October snow days with a house full of stir-crazy kids rummaging through closets looking for hats and gloves so they could spend 10 minutes outside in the storm building snowmen, “plowing” (how my five year old refers to shoveling) and collecting fresh snow for homemade ice cream just to then retreat back inside, frozen solid and demanding hot chocolate.
But after the storms had passed one of those snow days turned out to be a bright, sunny, blue skied day perfect for hitting up our local sledding hill. If you don’t want to be caught on your heels trying to figure out where to go sledding the next time the conditions merit the effort, check out our map below with popular local sledding spots by region.
Don’t have a sled? Don’t worry, lots of local stores carry them this time of year like King Soopers, Walmart, Target, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Lowe’s and Home Depot, just to name a few. For $6.00 to $20.00 tons of fun can be had, all you need is a simple saucer or toboggan for hours of play.
Not into sledding or questioning if this years average long term forecast will even make it a regular option? Try some of the other Colorado Winter Wonderland Activities or let us know what other fun we left out.
- Kathleen O Neal Marriage Park, 2320 Amberwood Ln Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Jenkins Elementary, 6410 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80923
- Eugene McCleary Park, 5214 Pioneer Mesa Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80923
- Bear Creek Regional Park, 21st Street & West Rio Grande Ave. Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Van Diest Park, 1520 South Chelton Rd Colorado Springs, CO 80910
- Broadmoor Bluffs Park, 5315 Farthing Dr Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Quail Lake Park, 915 Cheyenne Mountain Blvd. Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Madison Park, 2112 North Murray Blvd. Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Wasson Park, 1910 North Circle Dr Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Village Green Park, 3590 Carefree Circle North Colorado Springs, CO 80917
- Cottonwood Creek Park, 7040 Rangewood Dr Colorado Springs, CO 80918
- Jack Templeton Park, 5347 Rose Ridge Ln, Colorado Springs, CO 80917
- Mountain Shadows Park, 5151 Flying W Ranch Rd Colorado Springs, CO 80919
- Woodstone Park, 1315 Carlson Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80919
- Garden of the Gods (Off Niabara Trail-East side) 1805 N. 30th St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904