Moms, we know you are busy, so very busy. We also know that on any given day there is so much you are thinking about, stressing over and planning. Date night should not be one of those things. It should be simple. That’s why we have teamed up with Downtown Partnership to bring you 100 fabulous date night ideas in downtown Colorado Springs.
Located in the heart of our city, Downtown offers a wide array of shops, restaurants and experiences that you and your sweetheart are sure to enjoy. So, grab your calendar, choose an upcoming day (draw a red heart around it) and scroll through for the perfect date night adventure.
Choose a Date Night Theme to get Started
Downtown Colorado Springs has been designated a state-certified Creative District thanks to its permanent public art collection and numerous arts and cultural events. With its concert halls, museums, galleries, historic buildings and exhibits, Downtown Colorado Springs is the ideal setting for a romantic art rendezvous with your sweetheart.
We know artistic preferences may vary, so we compiled a list of options to help you create your very own date night masterpiece.
Take an Art Tour
There are numerous ways to take in the city’s exhibits while strolling hand in hand with your special someone.
- First Friday Walking Tour: Free and open to the public, First Friday Downtown features new art, live music, and special events on the first Friday of every month from 5-8 p.m. Tours continue monthly, featuring a different local artist/curator tour guide each month. Go at your own pace, enjoy a 60-minute guided walking tour or take a 90-minute tour by bike. You can even catch a ride on the free First Friday Shuttle.
- First Saturday Downtown Walking Tour: These hour-long guided tours introduce the historic landmarks, contemporary artwork, and cultural highlights of Downtown. Catch a public tour for $10 on the first Saturday of each month. Reservations are highly encouraged as tours do sell out. Participants are encouraged to arrive at 9:30 a.m. to enjoy a free coffee beverage of their choice (included in ticket price).
- Art on the Streets: If you can’t make the First Friday or First Saturday tours, no worries. Thanks to the Art on the Streets Otocast app, you and your significant other can take your very own private tour of the city’s permanent collection of public art. Simply download the free GPS-based app Otocast to hear the stories about Downtown public art from artists and arts advocates themselves. The app has two options: “Downtown Public Art” which features all of the installations Downtown that have accumulated over the years and the “Art on the Streets” option which features only the 12 pieces in the new collection. Insider tip: The new collection starts with the 5th picture, “Parallel Universe.”
Catch a Show
- Fine Arts Center: Let the Fine Arts Center Theatre Company mesmerize you with their award-winning musicals, comedies and dramas. Check out their events calendar to see upcoming shows. Enjoy pre-theatre dining (for select shows) at Taste, known for vibrant flavors, sustainable ingredients, and incredible mountain views. Be sure to also check out the Deco Lounge. Dubbed one of the coolest spaces in the building, the lounge is accented by Dale Chihuly’s Blue Sapphire Chandelier. It is open before theatre performances, during intermissions and by request.
- Pikes Peak Center: There are a plethora of shows to entertain you at the Pikes Peak Center. From concerts to stand-up comedians, plays to Broadway musicals, Pikes Peak Center has it all. Surprise your love with pre-show dining in the elegant ANB Bank Room. All dining begins ninety minutes before each event and includes a buffet-style dinner, handcrafted dessert, coffee, tea, water & tax. Dining is for select shows and sells out quickly. See available dinners here.
- Colorado Springs Philharmonic: As the only full-scale professional orchestra in Southern Colorado, the Philharmonic employs skilled musicians to perform for audiences of many thousands of concertgoers each year. Most shows are held at either Pikes Peak Center or Ent Center for the Arts. See their upcoming shows here.
Peruse a Gallery
- Fine Arts Center: The 132,286 square-foot facility provides much to explore. Experience “15 galleries showcasing world-class special exhibitions and an impressive permanent collection featuring masterworks by household names such as O’Keeffe, Diebenkorn, Kuhn, Sargent and Chihuly to name a few.” Check out current and upcoming exhibitions here.
- Kreuser Gallery: this urban art gallery showcases new work every First Friday, hours are noon-5pm Tuesday through Saturday plus extended hours on First Friday.
- Additional Galleries: Downtown’s streets are lined with galleries. You can make an afternoon or evening out of strolling around while popping in and out of numerous galleries and studios. Check out all the options here. You could also pair this with the Art on the Streets Otocast app we mentioned above.
Fit & Flirty
Active dates are not only good for you, but they are a great bonding experience too. Both indoors and out, Downtown Colorado Springs has a lot to offer fitness enthusiasts. So prepare to get your heart pumping with these fit & flirty dates.
Go for a Bike Ride: Grab your cutie and travel around Downtown Colorado Springs on bike. PikeRide has over 30 stations and more than 200 bikes operating within an approximate 15 square mile radius of Downtown Colorado Springs. A $10 24-hour pass will give you unlimited 60-minute rides within a 24 hour period. This means you will have to keep an eye on the time and be sure to lock your bike every hour so that you don’t accrue an additional fee. Use this as an opportunity to grab a coffee or a bite to eat and browse the shops. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle, you can take your bike on well-maintained urban trails in the service area. We suggest Legacy Loop Trail system near Monument Creek.
Rock Climb: If you are up for an adventure, rock climbing is a great date activity. CityRock Climbing Center is the newest and largest climbing facility in Colorado Springs. If it is your first time visiting, you will want to arrive at least 30 minutes early for orientation. Be sure to check out The Ute & Yeti before or after your climb. It’s located inside CityRock and features fresh, healthy eats & local craft beer. If you and your honey are complete rock climbing newbies, another fun option is Intro to Climbing with UpaDowna at CityRock. This is once a month donation-based class is designed for folks that have never been into CityROCK, are new to climbing, or just getting back into it. You’ll get a tour of the facility and learn the basics of climbing taught by seasoned climbers from UpaDowna and CityROCK. Climbing gear is included. You will also be treated to food and beverages afterward! **Please note, CityRock is under construction for the month of April, limiting portions of the gym at various times. You can see the construction updates here.
Give Yoga & Brews a Try: Head to a brewery for a relaxing yoga class followed by a delicious beer. It’s a perfect combination that is sure to get your spouse on board. Yoga & Brews serves up classes at Oskar Blues. We suggest Oskar Blues if you are looking for an early morning session followed by brunch. Along with the Yoga & Brews options, Brass Brewing Company offers Brewhouse Yoga every Saturday morning.
Join the Running Club: It has been said that a couple who runs together, stays together. Make Tuesday evenings your weekly date night and become a part of the Jack Quinn’s Running Club. Starting at 5:15 PM, runners meet at Jack Quinn’s for a 5K and $3 pints.
Love & Learn
Taking a class with your date is a great way to connect. As a bonus, you will both walk away with a newfound skill. There are a variety of classes available in Downtown Colorado Springs making it easy to find one that suits your interests.
Make Pie: If you have wanted to learn how to make the perfect crust and a scrumptious pie, then a Gold Star Pies class is the date for you. Each class includes a pie demonstration, crust clinic, taste test (including wine), and a parting gift. Upcoming classes are listed here.
Learn the Art of Couples Massage: Spice up your relationship with a two-hour couples massage workshop at Absolute Body Balance. The two of you will learn communication, body mechanics, techniques, pressure and touch sensitivity. You will also receive a take home gift bag!
Get Whipping at the Body Bar: Create your own gourmet body products at Rocky Mountain Soap Market. Over 20 items in their store can be uniquely customized! Choose your product and your fragrance and get creating. Then, head home and let the pampering begin. Spa night has never been so fun!
Fuse Glass: Create a spark with your love while learning how to fuse glass. Classes are held in Studio #131 at Cottonwood Center for the Arts. Contact Gerry Klein for more information.
Dabble in Art: At Cottonwood Center for the Arts, you and your significant other can sign up for one-day or weekend classes and workshops in a variety of mediums. Current offerings include drawing, painting, web design, mixed media, printmaking, mosaic mandalas and more. SPQR is another great spot for art classes. They are currently offering drawing, oil painting and water based media exploration.
Cook and Connect: Join professional chefs at Savory Spice for a variety of cooking classes to whet your appetite. Participants receive a 15% discount on items bought that evening.
Uncork your Creative Side: Grab your sweetie and head to Painting with a Twist for a fabulous evening out. Get your “Twist” at their Inspiration Bar, grab or bring a snack, and relax all your cares away. The best in town team of instructors guide you step by step through the featured painting.
Tantalize your taste buds and sweeten up your time together with a dessert only date night.
Downtown is filled with the perfect spots to satisfy your sweet tooth. For this date, we have listed a few of our favorite sweet spots. We believe that any time is a great time for dessert, so you can definitely make a day of the sweet stuff. Take a break between each stop to shop, stroll or sip.
Frozen Gold: Date night with the perfect person can sometimes feel like striking gold, rare and precious—just like fresh and original ice cream. Frozen Gold is setting the “gold standard” for soft serve ice cream. We suggest indulging in “Dear Wendy”, “Samoa, Samoa” or taking it back to your teenage memories with “Fair Grounds.” Date night has never been this sweet!
Josh and John’s: This is the place for the creamiest ice cream in Colorado and the only shop in the state that uses a slow churn approach. Each batch of Josh and John’s ice cream is slow churned for nearly an hour in turn of the century rock salt and ice freezers. If you are feeling lucky, give their trivia question of the day a shot for a chance to earn an extra punch on your Ice Creamometer card. It takes only 15 punches to receive a free regular scoop.
Cacao Chemistry: French chocolate, spices from Savory Spice Shop, locally-grown fruit and European butter are the high-quality ingredients you will find at Cacao Chemistry. Stop in their downtown shop and tasting room with your sweetheart to see and sample their full range of products. Which chocolate will be your favorite?
The Rabbit Hole: Venture down into The Rabbit Hole for a White Rabbit Martini. This delectable drink includes vanilla vodka, coconut rum, and a dash of cream, topped with a flaming marshmallow.
Pikes Peak Lemonade: A lemonade date is super sweet. At Pikes Peak Lemonade, they start with their organic lemonade or limeade and add Colorado-grown lavender, real hibiscus or a variety of other fresh ingredients. You don’t want to miss their Hibiscus Lemonade. It’s our favorite. On chillier days, give their hot cocoa bar a try, complete with marshmallows and sprinkles.
The Melting Pot: You can head straight to the bar (if seating is available) and delight in chocolate fondue. A delectable variety of sweet treats and fresh fruits accompany each of their chocolate fondues. Gluten-free dipper plate available upon request.
A Little Night Music
Date night is a time to get away from it all. So find a cozy spot, jam to some sweet sounds and sway your cares away. The live music scene is bustling in Downtown Colorado Springs and we have found the perfect spots for listening to some incredible local artists.
Rico’s Café & Wine Bar: Enjoy a hand-crafted drink and a chic, welcoming atmosphere at Rico’s Café and Wine Bar. Catch live music Thursday through Saturday evening from 7:30-9:30 and Sundays from 6:30-8:30.
The Wild Goose Meeting House: Live music floods Wild Goose on Friday and Saturday nights starting at 9PM. Arrive early for dinner and enjoy a trifecta of craft beverages: coffee, wine and beer. If you are in the singing mood, their monthly Beer & Hymns will hit the spot. Communal singing is good for the soul!
Jack Quinn’s Irish Pub & Restaurant: There is live music almost every day of the week at Jack Quinn’s. Catch a traditional Irish session on Sundays from 3-6PM. Live music and 1/2 off whiskey starts at 7PM on Wednesday evenings. On Thursday and Friday evenings, live music begins at 7:30PM with local artists taking the spotlight. If you are heading out on a Saturday night, performances start after 8PM.
Oskar Blues: They love rockin’ at Oskar Blues and you will, too. This is the place for variety, as they feature local artists from all genres. The intimate slightly mic’d atmosphere will make you want to take front row every night. Catch live performances every Thursday night from 8-11PM. As the weather warms up, live music will also take place on Friday & Saturday evenings from 6-9PM (May – September).
Fun & Games
Date night is the perfect excuse for taking your honey out for a bit of fun. From trivia and arcade games to comedy shows, Downtown has it all.
This date night is all about friendly competition. Hit the arcade, play some rounds of pool and challenge one another to some board games. You could even spice things up a bit and place a wager on the games. What will the lucky winner receive? So, get ready player one and check out these spots for your night of fun!
- SuperNova: This is the place to be if you are looking for a little retro action. Find your favorite 80’s arcade games and pinball machines at this five-star dive bar. When the competition makes you hungry, they’ve got bar bites, burgers and sandwiches to fill you up. You should also give the Busta Lime cocktail a try.
- Oskar Blues: This is your one-stop shop for a gaming adventure. Oskar Blues has various options for fun. With two pool tables, 4 player PAC-MAN, 2 head-to-head tabletop multi-cade, and 2 bocce ball courts, you are sure to stay entertained. Be sure to go with an appetite. Their expansive menu features family-sized portions of smoked pork, brisket, ribs and wings, mouth-watering burgers made from Colorado Proud locally sourced and spent grain fed beef, fresh salads and sandwiches, and more appetizers than you can shake a stick at! And you are sure to love their 48 taps of craft beer.
- Phantom Canyon: If billiards is your game, then Phantom Canyon is the place to be. The second-floor Billiards Hall is the oldest in Colorado Springs, and features a full-service bar, 10 tournament-style billiard tables, HD televisions, a jukebox, 2 dart boards, a shuffle board, plus a covered outdoor patio with fire pits. Head there for dinner and stay for the fun.
- The Perk: If board games are your cup of tea, then head to The Perk on Thursday nights for game night. From 5PM to close, you can bring your own games, or play one from their growing collection. Plus, enjoy gamer only drink specials while you’re there.
Brush up on your knowledge and get ready to impress your sweetie during this lively night out.
- Brewer’s Republic: Walk away with brewer swag or your tab paid for during Geeks Who Drink trivia starting at 6PM.
- Jack Quinn’s: Test your wits with Geeks Who Drink from 8-10PM.
- Iron Bird Brewing Co.: Try out some new beers and test your knowledge with Bar Trivia with Triviality from 7-9PM.
- The Ute & Yeti: Enjoy Geeks Who Drink trivia starting at 8PM.
Laughter is the best medicine and we all know your sweetheart is your favorite person to laugh with. Downtown has a couple of hilarious options to choose from.
- Stick Horses in Pants: If you have not had the pleasure of attending a Stick Horses in Pants performance, then you are definitely missing out. This improv troupe is THE BEST and their humor is fun and clean. Catch them at the Lon Chaney Theatre every 3rd Friday of the month.
- Oskar Blues Comedy Night: Head to Oskar Blues on Sunday nights from 7:30-10:00PM for a free comedy show. There’s usually a lineup of touring and local comedians followed by open mic.
Under the Stars
Downtown Colorado Springs is home to some beautifully intimate settings, providing you and your sweetie a cozy atmosphere for a much-needed evening of relaxing together under the stars.
Rooftop & Patio Views
- Phantom Canyon: The sunset is a stunning sight from the rooftop of Phantom Canyon Brewing Co. Enjoy the serene views, refreshing brews and delicious Phantom eats. In the summer months, live music is featured on the rooftop patio every Monday evening.
- Shuga’s: Delight in the beautiful patio weather at Shuga’s. The back patio is a gem where you can quietly relax and take in a picturesque view of Pikes Peak. You will want to be sure to also give the bruschetta and lavender lemonade a try.
- Jose Muldoon’s: With two options for happy hour at Jose Muldoon’s, (4-7 Mon – Sat & Late Night on Thursdays – Saturdays from 11 – Close) you have ample time to enjoy $3.50 margaritas on the spacious back patio.
- Poor Richard’s: Trade the downtown hustle for the peaceful stillness found in the cozy back patio at Poor Richard’s. You will love the calming waterfall and fragrant herbs from their very own patio garden. They take it a step further and harvest their garden for use in their delectable dishes.
- Springs Orleans: This courtyard patio tucked between the Mining Exchange and Springs Orleans is a true romantic escape. The brick alleyway is lined with lamp posts and string lights and is simply beautiful any time of day. Livelier in the evenings, it makes a perfect daytime spot for quiet conversation with your spouse.
- Fat Sully’s Pizza: A trio of deliciousness (Atomic Cowboy, Fat Sully’s Pizza & Denver Biscuit Company) reside together in a former trolley car barn on S. Tejon. Pizza and beer are the perfect combo. You are sure to find just the right menu item to satisfy your appetite. The 2,500 square-foot rooftop deck and patio is a spacious space for grubbing and stargazing with the love of your life. Enjoy Fat Sully’s Pizza from 11AM – 2 AM. (PS – if you want biscuits, head to Denver Biscuit Co 7AM – 2PM)
- Mackenzie’s Chop House: When you visit the sunken garden patio at Mackenzie’s, you will step into a fairy tale. The subterranean nook is lush, shaded and on chillier nights, even heated. The 12-table patio makes for a more intimate setting to truly get away from it all.
Colorado Springs is really elevating the Craft Beer scene, and Downtown has some of the best options! Date night is a great time to camp out at one spot (and plan for an Uber or Lyft for the ride home), or walk to several spots to create your own “Brewery Hop.” Most of the establishments have a current beer list on their websites, so have fun scoping out all your favorite brews or new flavors to try and plan your tour together before you head out!
Phantom Canyon Brewing Company: Since opening in 1993, Phantom Canyon Brewing Company is one of the oldest in town. You will want to cozy up to a table on the outdoor patio (2nd floor) with one of the 14-19 beers on tap. Phantom Canyon has their beer listed on their website and linked through Untappd (and if you love craft beer you need that app!). The Untappd app adds the consumer rating of the beer, so you can be sure to order a winning brew!
Brewer’s Republic: If you like a local, relaxed vibe, this is the spot to visit. Sit at the bar, gaze at the extensive, constantly rotating tap list, and try free samples of beer so you won’t be stuck drinking something you don’t like. Brewer’s Republic has a long history of having the best tap list in town, so you won’t be disappointed in the selection.
Oskar Blues Grill & Brew: A newer addition to the Downtown CS beer scene, this is a solid spot to visit, especially if your date night falls during happy hour (Mon through Fri from 3 pm-6 pm). All Oskar Blues core beers are $3.50. The beer list can be found here and is also linked to Untappd, which ensures you choose the best beers on date night!
FH Beerworks: A fun & friendly craft brewery in beautiful Downtown Colorado Springs’ New South End. 14 beers on tap including gluten-free options and house-made root beer. Check their Facebook page for the local food truck lineup (almost daily!). You can download their app for the latest beer list.
Iron Bird Brewing Co.: For the beer drinking beginner, Iron Bird has a great selection of dark, malty beers and some lighter selections, as well as a rotating lineup of experimental brews. Grab a seat at the recycled bowling alley lane bar or relax in front of the fire pit on the patio. If you need some food to go with your beer, their pizzas are delicious and unique.
Local Relic at Carter Payne: Seriously unique beers in a stellar location. The Carter Payne Chapel is home to Local Relic, where you can enjoy a variety of creative brews and delicious food from Immerse Cuisine Wednesdays through Sundays.
Brass Brewing Company: Make a stop during your date night to this veteran-owned and operated craft brewery in downtown Colorado Springs. A portion of proceeds are donated to veterans, and the focus is on quality. You can be assured that is what you will find in their stellar list of beers.
Colorado Craft: This is another unexpected spot to find awesome craft beers. If your date night takes you to Colorado Craft for their delicious food, you can be assured their list of craft beers are sourced from local Colorado breweries, including Outer Range Brewing, one of the hottest breweries in Colorado right now (and super hard to find in Colorado Springs).
The Ute & Yeti: This hidden gem boasts a stellar craft beer list! You’ll find amazing selections on their tap list like Upslope, Good River, Resolute, Crooked Stave, Dry Dock and more. They have a rotating tap list and over 80+ different beers to choose from, and they keep the tap list updated on their website. You can’t go wrong with a bite to eat here, and you can even enjoy a brew and do some rock climbing at CityROCK Climbing Gym while you are at it!
Beer not your thing? Grab a whiskey or wine at Cork and Cask.
Get a little creative with date night and plan an adventure around the world without even leaving the city. Enjoy your time globetrotting with delicious fare from a variety of countries. This is also a great time to discuss future travel plans. Which international destinations are on your bucket lists?
Rocky Mountain Food Tour
The Original Colorado Springs Food Tour: The Rocky Mountain Food tour will introduce you to five of the most beloved restaurants in Downtown Colorado Springs. You will be treated to a sampling of dishes from Jack Quinn’s Irish Pub, The Rabbit Hole, Poor Richard’s, Spice Island Grill and Rooster’s House of Ramen. On this three hour tour, you will not only take in engaging stories about our city’s history, but you will also enjoy delectable bites from Ireland, Jamaica, and Asia.
Pikes Peak Progressive Dinner: Indulge in this epicurean-inspired four-course dinner. Offering an upscale menu, this movable feast focuses on some of Colorado Springs’ top restaurants. With generous to full-size portions and optional wine pairings, you’ll enjoy this carefree and perfectly curated night on the town. Your tour will feature a selection of the following destinations – The Famous, Four By Brother Luck, Bonny and Read and Colorado Craft.
The Springs Signature Cocktail Tour: Toast to fun on this lively food and drink tour that celebrates local libations. Learn the history behind a few classic cocktails, watch demonstrations, and revel in four outstanding libations paired with appetizers.
Rico’s Café and Wine Bar: At Rico’s, treat yourself to a cup of their organic, locally roasted European-drip style coffee. Be sure to add a slice of fresh fruit pie. Then be sure to peruse their collection of books. Perhaps their travel section will meet your fancy.
Cacao Chemistry: A stop in this shop and you are definitely in for a treat. Cacao Chemistry turns fine French chocolate into exquisite confectionery products in this locally-owned business. Not only do they serve delightful chocolate truffles and candies, but you will also find pastries, macarons, cookies and ice cream. C‘est magnifique!
Mediterranean Cafe: A staple in downtown Colorado Springs since 2001, they offer fresh, delicious, traditional and Mediterranean inspired foods that have won “Best of Colorado Springs” awards yearly. Mediterranean Cafe is also gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian-friendly! Do yourself a favor and try the baklava.
Fratelli Ristorante Italiano: Fratelli offers a pleasing medley of Northern and Southern Italian dishes prepared in the traditional manner of the Italian countryside. Enjoy seasonal specialties each evening along with local artist’s galleria, wine bar & appetizers and espresso bar & desserts. You won’t find a more authentic experience, as Chef Armando is from Naples, Italy. Buon Appettito!
Saigon Cafe: For cuisine cooked with fresh vegetables, herbs and meats in authentic Vietnamese style, look no further than Saigon Cafe. If you are new to Vietnamese food, try their renowned noodle bowl, a lunchtime favorite, or maybe a steaming bowl of Pho beef noodle soup served with fresh cilantro, basil and bean sprouts.
Fujiyama: Welcome to a hopping destination downtown for a vibrant mix of sushi rolls complemented by Japanese hibachi-grilled dishes. Every plate at Fujiyama is created using age-old practices while combining modern twists. Lunch date? You are in luck! Fujiyama has 50% off rolls during the lunch hour Monday-Friday.
Everest Nepal: Known for their mouthwatering entrees, Everest Nepal features Nepalese, Indian, Tibetan and Thai dishes, most of which are created with their secret blend of spices that will leave you wanting more.
Streetcar 520: Experience food from all over the world at Streetcar 520. You will love the diverse and imaginative menu created by Chef Ketil Larsen.
Jose Muldoon’s: Head on over to Jose Muldoon’s for authentic Tex Mex cuisine in the heart of downtown. They are a favorite on Tuesdays when you can enjoy $1.25 all you can eat tacos.
Coffee & Chill
Coffee shops aren’t just for first dates. Stroll around Downtown with your sweetheart and pop into one of their numerous cafes for some peaceful one-on-one time.
Story Coffee: So many stories make up your relationship. There’s the story of how you met. The story of your engagement and wedding and of course the many other stories that have made up your lives together so far. At Story Coffee, they love to share their story and their simple approach to minimalism. And they are fascinated to hear your stories as well. This stop is definitely a break from it all, as their shop is free from wi-fi and outlets to encourage you to unplug together. So, sip, converse and stay awhile in the spot that was voted Most Beautiful Coffee Shop in Colorado by Architectural Digest.
Urban Steam: This boutique coffee roaster, waffle, and whiskey bar should be high on your list of places to try if you haven’t been there yet! Do not deny your craving for coffee cocktails and house waffles. They are perfection! Urban Steam is proud to also serve up good times, so your date here is sure to be a win.
Loyal Coffee: Sit back and relax with a whiskey caramel latte. Or if beer or wine is more your thing, you can order that here too. Loyal Coffee is dedicated to creating a full five senses experience, so you are guaranteed a beautiful space for connecting with the one you love.
Wild Goose Meeting House: Bibliophiles will instantly feel drawn into this book- filled Wild Goose space. With a full menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, along with coffee, wine and beer, Wild Goose is a place where you can comfortably stay for a while. Catch up, connect, and heck, even talk literature. This is your time together.
The Perk: A perfect stop for lunch, The Perk’s chicken salad sandwich is amazing! You will also love their brown sugar latte. Liven things up with local craft beer, several wine selections and mixed “adult” versions of their coffee and tea. If your plans are in the evening, then stop by for The Perk After Dark for happy hour and a special late night food menu.
Stay the Night
Sometimes more than just a date night is in order. When that special occasion is right around the corner or when you and your hubby are craving additional time to reconnect, why not plan a staycation in beautiful downtown Colorado Springs?!
The Mining Exchange: Built in 1902 as a stock exchange for local mining companies, The Mining Exchange, offers a one-of-a-kind experience. Stunning stone architecture, an inviting lobby lounge, plush bedding, two-person stone showers, and ultra-quiet sound barrier rooms create a beautiful retreat for you and your honey. Order room service or enjoy a delicious Sunday brunch buffet at Springs Orleans. Then, let yourself completely unwind with a luxurious treatment at MX Spa. It doesn’t get any better than that!
The Antlers: We live in a breathtakingly beautiful city, take in the gorgeous scenery in a King corner room with mountain view at The Antlers, A Wyndham Hotel. Meet in the evening in the dazzling Piccadilly Bar with crystal chandeliers and a striking horseshoe-shaped granite bar, where they offer 50 beer taps along with signature cocktails and an impressive wine selection. After sleeping in, hit up Antlers Grille for a scrumptious breakfast buffet.
The St. Mary’s Inn Bed & Breakfast: The St. Mary’s Inn is a historic turn-of-the-century mansion, built in 1896, currently serving guests as an award winning Bed and Breakfast. We recommend the Ash Suite, a sunny cheery room with white & blue decor, a queen size 4 poster bed and lots of windows with views. It includes a jetted Jacuzzi whirlpool tub. Start your day with plentiful, freshly brewed coffee and a delicious gourmet breakfast featuring daily specials that include signature French Toast and fresh fruit.
Brunch & Matinee
If breakfast is your jam, then a brunch & matinee date is definitely right up your alley. Sleep in a bit and then head to one of Downtown’s favorite brunch destinations. Afterward, catch an afternoon matinee at Kimball’s Peak Three Theatre.
Denver Biscuit Company: Prepare yourself for the “best biscuit in the world.” Try it french toast style, as a giant cinnamon roll or paired with buttermilk fried chicken, bacon and cheddar cheese. There are over 15 ways you can enjoy a biscuit at Denver Biscuit Company. The best part is, your biscuit is made to order and served fresh out of the oven. We promise you, it is definitely worth the wait!
Urban Egg: Gourmet Pancakes. Eggs Benedict. Build your own Bloody Mary Bar! If the sound of that made you drool, head to Urban Egg for breakfast favorites with seasonal, Colorado-proud ingredients. Don’t miss their award-winning Mile High Bourbon Chai.
Springs Orleans: Get authentic New Orleans style cuisine during the Sunday Brunch Buffet at Springs Orleans. You will also love their carved prime rib and turkey, creole seasoned country potatoes and chicken and andouille sausage gumbo.
Toast & Tunes at The Perk: One Saturday each month from 9-12, The Perk serves up French Toast, $2 Mimosas, and Bloody Mary’s along with live music. It’s a fabulous way to start the day. Check out their upcoming dates on their events page.
Waffle Brunch & Live Music at The Exchange: Nothing says the perfect Sunday like a loaded homemade waffle, Bloody Mary or a fresh squeezed Mimosa. Waffle service begins at 8 AM and live music fills The Exchange from 9AM – 1PM. Gluten free waffles are available, as well as a full menu of breakfast and lunch options. This event happens monthly, so check out their events page for upcoming dates.
Kimball’s Peak Three Theater offers an alternative to the mega-plex/mall movie experience with a full bar serving liquor, draft beer and wines by the glass. Kimball’s is a first run movie theater showing the very best of current independent and foreign film (with an occasional blockbuster). Park at the nearby Kiowa parking garage at 127 East Kiowa St. for $1 on weekends. It’s affordable and accommodating.
Rasta Pasta: Creative Caribbean Pasta, Fresh and Funky Salads, Ridiculously Good Desserts.
Rooster’s House of Ramen: Bringing you the finest bowls of ramen handcrafted with the freshest regionally sourced ingredients.
T-Byrds Tacos: An award winning, Urban, Street Style Taco Bar specializing in Tapa style street tacos and the best margaritas this side of the Rockies.
Oskar Blues: Their expansive menu features family-sized portions of smoked pork, brisket, ribs and wings, burgers made from Colorado Proud locally-sourced and spent grain-fed beef, fresh salads, sandwiches, and more appetizers than you can shake a stick at.
Bambino’s Urban Pizzeria: A one-of-a kind destination for Neapolitan pizza, pasta and greens. Create your own masterpiece from a choice of unlimited toppings, baked in their special open-flamed oven.
Bingo Burger: Burgers and fries cooked to order, creamy milkshakes and malts and icy, cold Colorado craft beers all served in a fun and funky atmosphere. Ask about their Boozy Shakes.
Streetcar520: The visual aesthetic at Streetcar520 is awe-inspiring. Built around small plates and street food, Streetcar520 is designed to bring an element of unity to groups of diners by promoting the cross sharing of dishes. Changing seasonally, it maintains a fresh and energized appeal that inspires the senses and leaves guests craving more.
Odyssey Gastropub: Tantalizing shareables open the way for lunch and dinner selections from around the world. Add your favorite libation (56 Bourbons/Whiskeys – Microbrews: Local and from around the globe, plus 6 Rotating Taps just to keep it interesting – Red, White, Bubbly, and Port/Dessert wine).
Colorado Craft: A modern restaurant concept designed to showcase the best of Colorado’s breweries, distilleries, farms and purveyors. They showcase traditional dishes from around the world with their own Colorado Craft spin on them using the best ingredients available.
Coquette’s Bistro: Colorado Springs’ only 100% gluten-free restaurant, serving up food, treats and cocktails in their newly expanded 6,700-square-foot restaurant, bakery and bar in a sweet, cozy corner.
Red Gravy: Modern Italian Cuisine from Chef Eric Brenner with gluten free options available.
Fujiyama: Satisfy your appetite and your curiosity with unique sushi rolls, cocktails and entertainment.
Four by Brother Luck: A celebrity chef driven kitchen and cocktail bar inspired by the Southwest. Their cuisine focuses on the Four cultures that shaped this region of our country; Spanish, Mexican, Native American, and Western Pioneer. Four by Brother Luck offers wine pairings and tasting menus.
The Famous: Dine in an elegant and classic steak house environment. Award winning prime steaks, fresh seafood, premium wines and piano bar provide a provocative mix of atmosphere and entertainment. Featuring 30+ Colorado spirits and wines as well as local craft brews.
The Warehouse: Located in a renovated warehouse dating back to the early 20th century, The Warehouse offers a unique aesthetic. Chef James Africano combines his experience with game meats, New Mexico flavor, and good old-fashioned home cooking to prepare outstanding and flavorful meals.
The Rabbit Hole: Late-night New American haunt crafting creative bites & cocktails in a sleek, subterranean space, as well as an ever changing internationally and seasonally inspired small plates. Dinner reservations are highly encouraged.
MacKenzie’s: Located in the Historic Alamo Building, MacKenzie’s is home to the finest steaks, martinis, fresh seafood and wine.
Bonny and Read: Named after Anne Bonny & Mary Read, the most infamous female pirates that ran the Caribbean pirate trade, Bonny & Read is the freshest seafood in Colorado Springs.
The Melting Pot: Offering creamy cheese fondue; fresh salads with homemade dressings; entrée courses with marinated chicken, steak, and seafood; and mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts. The underground location provides a romantic feel that is perfect for date night.